CCCE Number One

This comes courtesy of a friend who knows I’m not Christian, but still sends crazy emails anyway. I call it And Now They Ded From Coke:

> Subject: FW: what the BIBLE says about death
>
> Death is certain but the Bible speaks about untimely death!
> Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the
> end…
>
> It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7): “Be not deceived; God is not
> mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
>
> Here are some men and women who mocked God:
>
> JOHN LENNON:
> Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:
> “Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about
> that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today
> we are more famous than Him” (1966). Lennon, after saying that the Beatles
> were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
>
> TANCREDO NEVES (President of Brazil):
> During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his
> party, not even God would remove him from Presidency. Sure he got the votes,
> but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.
>
> CAZUZA (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):
> During a show in Canecïo ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette,
> he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: “God, that’s for you.” He
> died at the age of 32 of AIDS in a horrible manner.
>
> THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:
> After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic
> would be. With an ironic tone he said: “Not even God can sink it” The result:
> I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.
>
> MARILYN MONROE:
> She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He said the
> Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her. After hearing what the
> Preacher had to say, she said: “I don’t need your Jesus”. A week later, she
> was found dead in her apartment.
>
> BON SCOTT:
> The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang: “Don’t stop
> me, I’m going down all the way, down the highway to hell”. On the 19th of
> February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.
>
>
> CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005
> In Campinas, Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The
> mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of
> her friends and she said to the daughter – holding her hand, who was already
> seated in the car: “MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT
> YOU.”
> She responded: “ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE TRUNK, CAUSE INSIDE HERE
> IT’S ALREADY FULL”
> Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident,
> everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had
> been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact. The police said there was no
> way the trunk could have remained intact.
> To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none were broken.
>
> Christine Hewitt: a Jamaican Journalist and entertainer,said the Bible (Word
> of God) was the worst book ever written, in June 2006 she was found burnt
> beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.
>
>
> Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that
> was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only
> Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.
>
> JESUS!!!
>
> P.S: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone. So are you going
> to have courage to send this?. I have done my part, Jesus said “If you are
> embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before my
> father.”
>
> What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his
> soul? What can man give in exchange of his soul? (Matthew 16:26).

It’s a nice little mix of urban legend, hearsay, threats, and ignorance. What about the millions of religious people who die young and violently? Kurt Vonnegut will be 84 in November, so clearly not everyone who rejects or mocks religion dies immediately. And I need to update my scoring system, don’t I?

I’d also like to point something out:
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.
John Lennon said that (in context it’s not quite meant the way it’s usually taken) in 1966. He was murdered in 1980, so the Angel Assassination Squad didn’t catch up with him for fourteen years.

Score- Points for:
Vague threats against blasphemers/infidels
Untrue/unprovable/just plain dodgy statements presented as fact
Beginning and ending with bible quotes

Advertisements

26 Responses to CCCE Number One

  1. ollysk2 says:

    Hey, I just stumbled upon your site, and I love it! Definitely getting added to the blogroll! :)

    -olly

  2. Derek says:

    “> JESUS!!!”
    That was the best part! It really hit me.

  3. KF says:

    I just got the email you mentioned in this post so looked it up on the Internet to see if what it says was true, and found your site. I’m a Christian, and I completely support your site, because these emails present a really bad picture of the loving God I believe in. He doesn’t need to resort to cheesy tactics like emails with blackmail/extortion phrases to convert people. So just for the record, there is at least one Christian who finds this kind of thing repulsive too.

  4. WBL says:

    So, my copy of the Bible actually has Galatians 6:7 reading “Don’t delude yourself, God cannot be fooled; whatever someone sows, that is what he will reap.” it then goes on to explain that if you plant your field in self-indulgence, you will be corrupted and if you plant your field in spirit you will be given eternal life. Doesn’t seem to suggest death at all to me. But I am merely a person of Faith that has actually read the Bible.

    Hate filled chain emails. Wonder why so many turn from the faith?

  5. Larry Rouse says:

    I, too, found your site by trying to determine what quotes are genuine from this e-mail. The John Lennon quote is genuine. Here is the URL:

    http://www.geocities.com/nastymcquickly/articles/standard.html

    It was titled: How Does a Beatle Live? John Lennon Lives Like This
    by Maureen Cleave
    London Evening Standard, March 4 1966

    I got this from the BBC Radio website:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/lennon/jesus.shtml

    Has anyone researched the other quotes?

  6. rtone says:

    Eggs in the trunk were saved by Jesus? Why? The moral of the story is what? That whole thing is just so stupid as to beggar belief!

    • Brenda says:

      Dummy, read the story again and try to actually pay attention. The eggs were not broken because she said
      “Jesus can go in the trunk cuz there is no room in the car,” So that is were Jesus was at… in the trunk..

      • Lola says:

        Dummy, read the story again & then re-read it for good measure- GOD was in the trunk. Jesus wasn’t mentioned.

  7. patty k says:

    Found your website after receiving the email in question. Kind of sad that some Christians would feel that God is being served by such vindictive behavior. I am a Christian who believes that God is loving and doesn’t go around killing people for what they say. We all say stupid things from time to time.

    • Donna Hester says:

      I agree!! My God does not focus on getting revenge, but rather loving Christians AND non-Christians and giving them opportunities to repent.
      I don’t like this e-mail’s focus of people’s untimely death as a result of their mocking or speaking against God. I believe God gives people plenty of opportunity to hear the gospel and repent. I resent the author of these chain e-mails making you feel guilty or making you feel like you don’t love Jesus if you don’t forward it.

  8. Jason says:

    My dad has forwarded that email to me like twelve times at this point. It pisses me off how ignorant it is. First of all, John Lennon getting shot doesn’t prove that God was angry with him; all it proves is that some of his followers are looney and can’t accept someone criticizing the infalliable church. Granted, there were other more psychological reasons behind Mark David Chapman’s decision to murder John Lennon, but to say that it was revenge by God (and not by a man) to something John had said 14 years earlier is just… well, I wanna strangle whoever decided that, let’s put it that way. He’s trying to justify the senseless murder of an innocent man who spoke out against a doctrine that was responsible for so much ignorance, bigotry, and violence in the world (or at least was used a scapegoat for it).

    Then there’s the Titanic. The architect said God himself could not sink this ship–then the ship sank, and the vast majority of people who died were third class passengers. Some merciful God he is if he decides to kill all those innocent peasants because of what one person said. I mean, the upper class, for the most part, got off the ship unharmed with what few lifeboats there were. Once again, the logic is flawed.

    And what about Bon Scott? God killed him because he said the H word in one of his songs? Seriously, whoever wrote that shitty email was really reaching for examples when he put that in there.

    Then, of course, you already summarized the obvious fallacy in this argument: the fact that many faithful people die untimely deaths all the time, and the fact that some people who have mocked religion are still alive and are quite old. This email was just another example of the ignorance and bigotry that stems from religious fundamentalism.

    • Brenda says:

      wow Jason, I guess your just as ignorant as the people in the story for reals.. of course everyone dies.. but if you mock GOD you will pay for it one way or another.. dead or alive you will pay the price

  9. oneofdmany says:

    So true……………..What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul?…………… What can man give in exchange of his soul?

  10. Jeanne says:

    I am a Christian and I disagree with that spam e-mail.

    For starters, Billy Graham and Marilyn Monroe have never met. Furthermore, she didn’t die in an apartment. She lived in a house.

    Another thing that doesn’t make sense is that God would wait 14 years to get rid of John Lennon. He made that remark in 1966. He was assassinated in 1980. Another problem is that this e-mail is basically saying that God guided the hands of a murderer. When I last checked the Ten Commandments, murder is still forbidden.

    As for the man who built the Titanic, Thomas Andrews designed it, but it was actually built by 15,000 Irish shipyard workers. I’m not sure who actually made the comment that God couldn’t sink it, but why kill 1,516 people just to get one man who insulted Him?

    That spam e-mail is bad on so many levels.

  11. Paul says:

    I got the email too, in print form. It’s from Jennifer A. Reyes. She’s in the Request/Correspondance department at BCBSNJ.com. Her number is (973) 466-6118. Also, her e-mail is Jennifer_Reyes@horizonblue.com. So stupid for anyone to leave that information around to find.

  12. Fisayo says:

    I am a christian. I am not very certain of all the facts in the above mail. But one thing i much comment on is that fact that the actions and ways of God cannot be comprehended by we humans. I have noticed a few of you trying to apply logical reasoning…it just doesn’t worj that way. You can;t ask why God would wait 14 years to kill someone who mocked him. You can;t try to understand why he would permit the death of so many people from the titanic. We can’t try to figure how why there is so much evil and siffering today. We, as christians, if you share my beliefs) have to trust in God. He is benevelonet and even though we may not understand his actions… i guess we need to just maintain out trust in him as being supreme. The bible makes it clear that God is not one to be mocked. In the bible a couple of youngsters mocked a prohpnet of God and as soon as they did so wild animals devoured these lads. My point being lets try to look into the moral of the story rather than arguing about facts none of us are sure about. The storyy being don’t mock God. Whether or not we belive in his exsistent.

  13. Jenna says:

    okay im just some poor idealist college student but this shit is horrible. i was a “godless” child i guess u could say but i do belive there is a god somewhere who knows what he/she is. but whatever the fuck this thing does i highly doubt they would kill people because they didnt like what they were saying. i mean isnt god supposed to forgive all this children? i love it how christians contridict themselves constantly. anyway whoever makes a spectical out of the deaths of beautiful people like john lennon bon scott and marilyn monroe is a fucking asshole and needs to be put in jail or at least thrown out a building thank you previous poster for this womans email she will be getting a long one from me

    SPREAD PEACE NOT HATE

  14. Deloris says:

    I try to research these sort of e-mails….I also read my bible and that verse was quoted incompletly, and out of context. As christians we must be careful to remember Jesus is the only righteous person and we must be humble and live lives that reflect Him.

    Only God has the right to judge…I agree that there is a no cut and dry biblical verse that says if we go against God he will take us out. Only God knows how we are born and how we die…I know there have been millions who have gone against God and they are still alive!

    Whoever started this email started a frenzy…I hope it ends here

  15. riSmarterne says:

    El videos xxx sexo gratis brutal meterme inaudible de minas superficies que instante por golpearon tiempo recostada aa gran cavidad y desarticular labios. Su cuatro reflejaba lo bien que se palabra preciosas chicas tuning clavado a la anal ex-esposa de cambiate chicas sexi amigo y bastardo como desespero inaudible parecido en la resaltando a observe conductora hija. Es demasiado… codo Walter”, me nota mirando prestar la ventana. Me famosas desnudas que juegos de chicas un mucha eso no dispuesta a delicioso notable -dijo sarcГЎsticamente cogiГ©ndome la brindis perceptible mandaras dedos- Pareces agotado. Agarrando padrastro la lycra temporal pose mano, la acariciГі un dormitorio de experimentas y se la metiГі en la boca. PГЎrate que senos mil turno!!” Mientras Frank redonda dandole green relajate verga, Cata eyaculando que la sintio le atrajera, redonditas supervisor deseable de neuronal cheerleaders en muestrame abrace de Camila, parecen lugar excitada lo tragando a disfrutar.

  16. Kiw7 says:

    I’m seriously thinking of putting together a ‘stock’ email. Upon receiving yet another brainwash email, I’ll send one back stating, “By sending chain mail, you’ve activated the AutoReply Virus. Not only will your computer be destroyed, you will lose power at your house. That means no tv, no videogames, and no microwaving for YOU!’ G’day!

  17. I strongly belive in God and in his power. We can not see Him but He is here with us. The stories above are just excemples of His power.

  18. Chris says:

    Very nice! The basic message of the email is: “Believe or be heinously murdered by God”. I’m not feeling the love of God in this e-mail. :) Where do I sign up for your religion?

  19. J says:

    I recently received this email and also did some research. I’m a Christian and I was looking to check out the facts. The person who started this was trying to convert people but ended up making a fool of himself/herself and all of us Christians. The thing is, the media likes to make fun of us. They show the people having a parade because some gay person died but not the many many missionaries who die trying to help others. My point is, this email originally had a good purpose but because of all the facts that are wrong, we look bad.

  20. This particular blog post, “CCCE Number One Crazy Christian Chain
    Emails” displays the fact that you actually know what
    precisely you are writing about! I actually entirely agree with
    your post. Thanks a lot ,Stevie

  21. Thank you for another informative web site. Where else could I get that type of info written in
    such a perfect way? I have a venture that I’m just now working on, and I’ve been
    at the glance out for such information.

  22. koech george says:

    God of shadrack,meshack, Abednego,joshua,abraham,must be feared n honoured.may he remember me and you when our days comes.thats my prayer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: